Tuesday 1 January 2013

And we're off...........

Hiya!
Hope your New Years celebrations were fab, and that 2013 has stated well for you.
From tomorrow I will be resuming the Big Job Hunt, so I thought Id post a quick update today.
Ive spent the last few days pottering around the house, reading, doing bits and pieces here and there, and trying to avoid too much housework, ironing etc..
Ive made some Fridge Soup (so called as any veg which have gone past their best that are in the fridge get chucked in), this weeks offering was carrot and swede.....
which has gone in the freezer for a rainy day.

Ive also re-covered my small ironing board as the cover was very thin and the pattern of the board imprinted on the clothes as I ironed them.
And, I have undertaken a bit of a project!

One of the conditions for my getting me brand new sewing machine for my Birthday was that I would get use out of it and that it wouldnt just take up space. I did make a few bits for Xmas, but felt I needed something to help me build up some more confidence/skill.
I had a look at a  brilliant project online last year ...Craftsy Block Of The Month and reckon it was about time I gave it a go.
So.....
Ive decided to make a couple of quilts for my lovely nieces who I dont see enough of (mainly due to the fact that they live on the other side of the world), using fabric from my stash/hoarde.
I have no idea what their favourite colours are (shocking I know), so have decided one will have a yellow background and the other pink (mainly as these are the colours I have enough of!).
Each quilt will be make up of 20 blocks each and Ive made a start. They arent perfect, but Im quite pleased with them so far..........

Asterisk Blocks

Wonky Pound Blocks
Baltic Puzzle Bolcks
I will keep you updated with their progress.

Id love to hear what projects you have got on the go for 2013.
Now Im off to cut out block number 4.

Thanks for readung
Jojo




1 comment:

  1. I think your blocks looks great! Looks like your sewing machine is going to get a lot of use this year :)

    ReplyDelete