Thursday 10 January 2013

Wow - is it Thursday already?

Cant believe how quickly this week has flown. Then again, looking back I have been quite busy and have managed to pack lots in. Before I shoot off to (yet another) registration interview with a recruitment agency I thought Id do a quick update.

Ive been out and had a bit of a tidy in the garden, its looking a wee bit better, tho I didnt want to cut things back too much as we are supposedly in for some cold weather and I didnt want to risk losing any plants

Ive been working on a guest blog for the lovely Jen  over at My Make Do and Mend Year - its the first time Ive ever guested on another blog, so Im excited and nervous at the same time.

On the job front, now that people are back from their Xmas hols, thing are finally starting to move. Ive got a few CV's sent off for a few jobs, so fingers crossed!

Ive also been getting into my list of extra weekly jobs. The idea has been adapted from a blog I used to follow, (Im not gonna link to it as the blogger turned out to be a bit of a sarcastic mare and I dont follow her anymore) but Ive made my own list of extra little jobs to do every day (for the next 6 weeks). It includes things like clearing out your inbox, checking your medicine cabinet and throwing out your out of date stuff, you know the stuff you never get round to. So Im cracking on with that and doing one little extra job a day and pleased with  myprogress so far..

Also, Ive had word back from the lovely Big Sis that the nieces approve of the quilt blocks they have seen so far (PHEW!). Im halfway through them now and am enjoying some blocks more than others.
Here are the latest efforts...........

Hexagonal Row

Hex Flower

Log Cabin

Wonky Log Cabin

Well, thats it for now, and Id best get myself organised.

See ya later.
Jo
:o)

6 comments:

  1. Your quilt blocks are really gorgeous - what an incredible project!

    Extra jobs idea sounds so, so wise and sensible... maybe I'll do it someday... haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suki, its a great way to get used to my new sewing machine ;o)

      Delete
  2. All looking lovely Jo! Hope you got my cclub letter? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah, you letter arrived the other day, yours is on its way. :o)

      Delete
  3. wow these are awesome - well done you :) lots of love Becksie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Becksie, its lovely to see you here :O)

    ReplyDelete